Saturday, August 01, 2009

We forgot

It just dawned on my girlfriend today that we forgot our engagement anniversary that was 4 weeks ago. We got engaged the 7th of July 2007 and we just forgot our second anniversary. Well when we went shopping earlier today we bought some barbecued chicken and we have a few leftover bottles of champagne from Nina's 40th birthday party in April. We only opened one ;-P. So it was sandwiches with barbecued chicken and champagne. It was well ahead before my night shift began although technically you could still drive legally after drinking a half bottle of champagne but I don't drive under the influence of alcohol even if I would be under the legal limit.

Anyway forgetting one's engagement anniversary can get you into alot of trouble unless your partner also have forgotten it. My excuses or our excuses is that it was a heat wave in early July and your mind was set on finding a cool spot to rest in and those days where pretty busy otherwise. Well there's a new anniversary next year...

3 comments:

  1. Even worse, I didn't get my boyfriend a gift for our one-year dating anniversary because the night came and we had his daughter and I assumed we weren't celebrating. The two of them went and picked a gift out for me on their way home. You can bet I won't "forget" again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However we have always celebrated our dating anniversary. I have not missed one of those anniversaries and there have been three of them. I think that the day you meet for the first time is the most important date of them all. We go to the same restaurant where we had our first date and have dinner there. Getting engaged is important but it's more of a symbolical gesture of a relationship that already exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing about anniversaries is that they kind of take a back seat to the littlest loves in our lives! Champagne and roasted chicken sandwiches sounds divine! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete