Sunday, October 25, 2009

The perfect housewife

We saw a television show called "The perfect housewife" it's actually a whole series but we will not be watching more than the 10 minutes it took me to realize that I hate that woman, the perfect housewife. Nina hated her after 5 minutes but I imagined for 5 more minutes that you could actually learn something from that show.

The show is about a perfect housewife that comes into people who are having a hard time keeping their home in an interior design magazine shape. So the woman in questions gives them advice about everything, how to wash vases with rice inside, how important it it to keep the dish washing water at 45 C and to use cold water for the last part of the rinsing to keep the water from vaporising to fast from the drying dishes and couple of hundred other advices on how to keep the perfect home.

You know when you have a perfect home you're not having fun anymore. All your time goes to doing the perfect home and the people around you aren't allowed to touch anything. Remember this, the day we have the perfect home there's probably something that has gone terribly wrong...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dojle, I like what you said about having a perfect house and not having fun anymore. You and Nina might enjoy reading this funny post at The Peach Tart:-
    thepeachtart.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-good-thing-peach-tart-didnt-live-in.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true. I was thinking as I was reading this that it's not really all that important to learn how to wash vases. I've found a lot of these people just put way too much importance on little things that don't amount to much in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like The Peach Tart, she's funny. Luckily we have a kid and four dogs that make sure we don't live in a interior design magazine shaped home =). They are the ones that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate "the perfect housewife" and I didn't even invest 10 minutes into watching that show! Did it say she had any friends? Does she ever just go sit at Starbucks with a friend? Would she be willing to cry with a friend, or would she be too busy ironing the handkerchief???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she only does it on Television because if she's like that both on and off screen I truly feel sorry for her and I hope she realizes she needs a life before it's too late...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the perfect housewife on Wikipedia and she is NOT a perfect housewife off screen =). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthea_Turner

    ReplyDelete