Thursday, January 08, 2009

-18 °C

This morning when I left for work it was -18 °C outside. One of the coldest places in the city is where we live. I think it's because it' not by the sea, it's about 2 kilometers away and there's a lot of islands out there, you can almost jump between them. My workplace is right next to the sea so there it was -9 °C, we also have another place, the other side of the city which is not by the sea about a kilometer away, where we measure the outside temperature and this morning it was -15 °C. Snow is nice but if you really want something called a winter it needs to be cold and it's cold.

Mirella was on her monthly checkup yesterday and got her first vaccines. I wonder when you stop doing monthly checkups? Don't get my wrong, it's good that they get that; I just wonder at what age the become every second month checkup and every half year checkup. And the results where: a healthy growing happy baby =).

And now for the last part of this post, our weekend plans. We are going to Kajaani in northern Finland for a dog show and we are hiring a cabin for three nights in nearby ski resort Vuokatti. This is the first dog show since Mirelle was born and our first "vacation". The dog show is just Saturday morning so the rest of the time will probably be spent in Kajaani or in the cabin or admiring the beautiful(I'm not sure it is since I've never been there before) landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment