Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm nice to Jehva's Witnesses

I've sort of avoided the question of religion in my blog. Simply because one man's faith is another man's delusion. The risk of offending someone is substantial.

But I'm fairly sure that I can write this post without upsetting too many people. Because I'm actually nice to Jehova's Witnesses, yes I really am. They knock on the door and the dogs go crazy. We have 4 dogs, we don't need a doorbell. So I slip trough the pet gate between the entry hall and the hallway and open the front door. I stand on front door's threshold and with 4 dogs barking 1 meter behind me trough a pet gate and an open front door I can't really hear what they are saying but one of them is holding a "Watchtower" so that suggests that they are in fact Jehova's Witnesses. We talk for a while, about a minute or two. But we can't really hear each other because of the barking dogs but I think it's small talk. They eventually hand over the Watchtower and leave and for some strange reason I haven't seen them again. I talk to them and I actually read they Watchtower they give me.

No I don't think this is upsetting to my readers because our dogs have already scared away the people that this could be offensive to ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment