Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reinvent your blog

Eventually all bloggers hit the wall, that one made of bricks and concrete. That's when you realize you got nothing to write about anymore. You have written all what you want to write about what your blog is about and it starts slipping silently into the night.

Then it's time to reinvent your blog. Lost your joy of writing? Try writing from a different approach and that joy may find find it's way back to your keyboard. In the beginning I wrote structured and thought out blog posts and some of them where actually quite good, but that's in my past. Now I usually prefer more spontaneous posts because it's more fun but I still do have my moments.

Have you written everything you know about cupcakes? Try writing about hunting.

Your blog about you everyday life is so boring that even you have become bored with it. Create a science fiction character and write about his/her fictional adventures.

The thing about blogs is that everyone isn't a writer but there are many of us out there who enjoy writing and the benefits it gives. Writing maintains and develops my language skills, not only my mother tongue but other languages as well. For other it's like seeing a therapist. Writing about your emotional and other problems for everyone to see can be very liberating and a way to solve or at least to understand your problems. Blogs may not have changed the world but it has changed many lives for the better.

2 comments:

  1. It can be very tough when you hit that wall. For me, it means taking breaks now and then. But soon I will have to ditch the blog entirely and move on. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my breaks has a way of getting more frequent and longer, I guess that could be a bad sign?

    ReplyDelete