Sunday, February 17, 2008

Forest Lake

Today is a very beautiful day. The sun is shining from a clear sky, a few centimetres of snow fell last night and the temperature is around 0 °C. Although I have arrived at work and I’m doing my first evening shift out of four we had time for a dog walk before I left for work. There are a few small lakes in the forest around where we live. So we went into the forest and once we where out of the populated area we let the dogs run free, except the hound mix Ella. She runs too far and can be quite jumpy when we meet other people.

The lake we went to is called “Byträsket” literally “The Village Swamp”. It’s far more beautiful than its name suggests. Although it’s been a mild winter there were snowmobile tracks on the lakes surface, suggesting that the ice was thick enough to walk on. And it was, we also met another guy walking his dog on the lake. We should have brought the camera with us because it was beautiful out there today…

2 comments:

  1. Sounds beautiful and a truly Finnish winter as I would imagine it!!!

    Did you see Shrek at the swamp lake?!?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was too cold for him =)

    ReplyDelete