Sunday, November 01, 2009

Butter of the Gods

In my last blog post I wrote about us wanting to have bone marrow after seeing an episode of "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" and how we bought a chunk of meat containing bone marrow on Friday.

Today was the big day, eating that chunk of meat with the bone marrow. I barbecued it and Nina made some salad and cream potatoes. After it was done we got ourselves a couple of teaspoons and separated the bone from the meat. You know there are certain things that when you eat them for the very first time you know it's like love at first sight or taste in this case. It's like there has been a part missing from your life and now you've finally found it and you can't continue living without it.

Anthony Bourdain called it "Butter of the Gods" and I totally agree with him. I can't emphasize enough how good it was. The closest thing to it's taste and structure that I have eaten before is snails in garlic butter. It's a dish that has to be experienced if you like the good things in life because after that there is no turning back.

A warning thou, do not eat too much of it at a time, the cholesterol kick will probably kill you then ;-P.

2 comments:

  1. Never tried bone marrow ... butter of the gods, eh? Curiosity now piqued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried it...but it sounds interesting. Although I think the last thing I need is to fall in love with another food that's not good for me!

    ReplyDelete