Friday, November 30, 2007

Home sweet home

Well I’m back from Edinburgh and back at work. I’m doing my second evening shift out of four.

Some notifications about some differences between Scotland and Finland. In Scotland the play background music in the pubs. Soft pop that creates a nice feeling and the volume is set to a level where you can actually speak to each other with normal speech level. In Finland you got a bit heavier music that is played so loud that you have to scream/spit in someone’s ear for them in order to hear you. When you are tired of screaming “WHAT???!!!” and spit on you just answer without having any idea what the other person is talking about.

-“Did you hear about the guy that got robbed last weekend?”
-“What?”
-“Did you hear about the guy that got robbed last weekend!!?”
-“I don’t thin they got food here”
-“What?”
-“I don’t think they got food here!!!”
-“You got robbed???”
-“What?”
-“You got robbed???!!!”
-“Well I think it’s too early for MacDonald’s”

The other thing is the hearty breakfasts and the pub food in Scotland. I gained 2 kilograms in 6 days.

Well back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Hey.......I found you!!!! Been on the wrong blog for you for awhile.....sorry about that.....

    Glad to keep in touch again!!!!

    ReplyDelete