Wednesday, April 07, 2010

MySpace isn't Facebook isn't Blogspot

I think three of my top favorite out there are MySpace, Facebook and Blogspot. In a sort of way they are all social networking websites. Blogspot used to be a a dedicated blogging service but with Google Friend Connect and Followers it's slipping into the world of social networking.

MySpace and Facebook has been the most similar but they have never been the same. Similar interfaces and content but while Facebook had wrapped their users experience around the people you know MySpace's thing is cultural exchange.

Facebook's popularity has grown past MySpace's. But I think Facebook will never replace MySpace. They each have their own niche. MySpace blogging was also quite popular, for a while. Then most MySpace bloggers moved their blogs to Blogspot for various reasons.

I'm still at MySpace although I prefer communicating with my friends on Facebook and blogging at Blogspot. MySpace was everything for a few years until your grandma created a profile on Facebook and opened a blog at Blogspot. MySpace was and still is one of the biggest players out there but it is a tool for more artistically inclined people, people who like having a cool nick instead of their real name and well, trolls...

2 comments:

  1. I loved MySpace in its time but so many people left, and all that were left behind were a few good people and a whole lot of drama-mongers. I just was too old for all that silliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the few good people really don't update anymore :-/

    ReplyDelete