Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Summer time isn't here yet

We will switch to summer time on Sunday. I think it's more problematic then useful but a worked in system is difficult o change.

I'm working the mornings shift  this week, actually four days of it. I have noticed that the sun has risen when I start driving to work 6:40 (AM). Next week it will rise around 5:30 (AM). I'm still sleeping then.

I write about those things since the snow layer has gotten so thick that one of our dogs walked over (notice that I didn't use the word jump) over our 120 cm (4 feet) high dog fence the other day. But the snow has begun melting in the spring sun, that's why the surface of the snow are hard enough for dogs to walk on. Not hard enough for me to walk on with a snow shovel...

2 comments:

  1. Summer time... Is that like the American "Daylight Savings Time?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is DST, for some reason it's called summer time in Europe. It's not just the translation from Swedish, it's called summer time in British English...

    ReplyDelete