Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Last evening shift

I'm doing my last evening shift out of four. Tomorrow is my day off which means that I'll spend part of it renovating our home. Well it's not actually much left, one room to change the wallpaper in and make a staircase child safe. I'm still removing the old wallpaper. There are at least three layers of wallpaper, partly removed and layers of putty here and there in between. I understand why people only remove the outer layer of wallpaper and repair dents with putty because it's a lot of job to remove the old wallpaper entirely before putting up new wallpaper.

When I (we) have removed the old wallpaper, which will be sometime around next week I'll fill the dents and the gaps between the actual wallboards, not the old wallpaper which will all be in the garbage can outside. A layer of paint and a bit of grinding and after that comes the easiest part of the work, putting up new wallpaper.

Apart from playing Mr. Handyman we are going to a concert tomorrow and my mom's elderly home is on the way so we'll stop for a short visit there too.

Friday morning I'm going back to work, my first morning shift out of four starts 7:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment