Sunday, June 10, 2007

The smell of death

Recently I have felt a new smell in my car. At first I thought that one of the dogs had made a mess on the blanket in their cage in the back. It really smelled like dog shit at first. But I found nothing. Then I thought that maybe the earlier owner had had a dog that made a mess on one of the seats and they had failed to remove the smell.

But as the weather got warmer the smell got stronger and finally I realized: it was the smell of death. It smelled like something had died in my car. My first car was a Volvo 240 and I once had the same problem there. I had hit a bird and it was caught in the grill in front of the air intake.

So I opened the hood in order to find something that had died in the engine compartment, a bird, a rodent or whatever. I found nothing.

Today Nina and I went for a drive. She had also felt the smell but believed it to be from the dogs. Well I explained my new conclusions and she asked: “Have you changed the trash bag?”

The thing is that I keep a plastic on the floor in front of the back seat where I put candy paper, parking receipts, banana peels or any other kind of trash you would produce in a car.

I answered “Eeh, no”

Problem solved…

2 comments:

  1. Okay....we are SO related! That makes me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a banana peel died in there ;-p

    ReplyDelete