Friday, March 04, 2016

Web browsers

It's been a long time since I've written anything here but I thought I would say a few things about web browsers. First of all Chrome works better on Android phones than other browsers since they are both made by Google. For example the only web browser on your Android phone you can download pictures with is Chrome. According to Google they haven't disabled  that option for other browsers but some functions works better with Chrome. So on my phone I'm stuck with Chrome because I want to have the ability to download pictures.

Don't get me wrong Chrome for PC:s is a fast browser and very much integrated into Google. And you can easily sync your bookmarks, just log into Google in Chrome on any device and it's all there. So that's why I have been using Chrome on my laptop as the default browser.

However as a blogger who has the ambition to write blog posts in three different languages, the spellchecking function doesn't work that well. It underlines the words that are spelled wrong but doesn't give any suggestions. And for Finnish there's no spell checker at all, which is the language I definitely need to improve.

So I'm now using Firefox on my laptop...

No comments:

Post a Comment