Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Twitter

I thought it would be a great idea to put a little twitter gadget on my sidebar. Short updates about what I do I can write on the go on my mobile that is too short for a blog post. I've started blogging again and this would be my main reason for tweeting at all. However there were a few problems.

The first one is that the sms twitter thing doesn't work. You have to send 4 sms messages to get it too work. I tried twice and it doesn't work. The second thing is that twitter update gadget on blogger doesn't work. Also Twitter own twitter update widget doesn't work and it actually has a error message: "Hmm, an empty timeline. That's weird.". No it's annoying that you have a known problem which you do nothing about. There's nothing weird about that.

Twitters own javascript for such a thing also doesn't work once inserted on to my blog. Twitter own explanation why the widget doesn't work is "The REST API (everything on api.twitter.com) is rate limited to 150 unauthenticated requests per hour per IP address." Once you exceed that limit the widget doesn't work. Discussions about that problem has been around on message boards a couple of years and Twitter's standard answer is IP related and people do not get their Twitter widget to update, ever.

Is says it should work in theory but it doesn't in reality. So I won't be tweeting from my mobile to my blog because it fails in both ends, in reality...

4 comments:

  1. How important is "Social Networking" in Finland? Are they as much in to it as Americans are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it's Facebook related it's important. Other "social networks" never really made it here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing a project for my World Literature class. I am an 18 year old female living in America. Would you mind answering a few questions for me?

    How is the dating life in Finland in regards to America? Are there any certain formalities or traditions incorporated in dating? Is there anything that's considered to be "Taboo"?

    ReplyDelete