Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's all for me...

As most if not all bloggers I like readers and I like comments. The fact that they/you take the time of reading my posts and sometimes even making an effort to comment is something I highly appreciate. Thank you.

But I think in order keep the spark alive I need to do this for myself. I think most bloggers are exhibitionists in the sense "Look at me!". Whether it is to show of their writing skills, their clothes, their lifestyle, their kids it comes down to them and their life. I would even refer people who use their blog as a cheap therapist, although their need to be seen has a bit more serious side, to "Look at me!". I know because I wrote one almost a decade ago

For a number of years this blog has been about satisfying you readers. And when you forget yourself and start satisfying others you become self censoring beyond what is reasonable. You're too afraid to offend or bore someone. So you try to make everybody who reads your blog unoffended and unbored. Those of you who are familial with my writing style know I offend very few but it can be very boring when you try to please everybody.

But those who followed my blog about 5 years ago know that I can write very well. I didn't have many readers and most importantly I didn't have any readers among the people I know IRL. I didn't care what people thought because I was writing it all for me, myself and I. But when I got readers and comments from my friends IRL, encouraging comments, but still comments I started thinking about what I was writing. I started self censoring and I lost my spark. My blog posts started to deal with my difficulty to write and the imminent death of the blogosphere.

Well I think I found my spark again. I still care very much what people think of me but I'll try to ignore that trait of my personality here. I did it once and I can do it again. So for the sake of your entertainment I'm doing it all for me ;-P.


No comments:

Post a Comment