Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spontaneous is better

This blog been lying around her for a while, silent. I've sat a few times in front of this page a few times with no words finding their way to this post. I saw an interview on TV with a blogger earlier this week and he said something like if you sit down in front of the computer and intend to write something for the sake of writing, forget it. You need inspiration and you need to write it down before the inspiration dries out.

This post was actually written as I sat down in front of the computer in order to write something for the sake of writing and I got inspired to write about how spontaneous blog posts are better then the daily blog at 9 PM. Well they are...

Unless you have a really good post, those that need planning, everything from hours to weeks, that feels so important that the inspiration doesn't dry out until they are written...

3 comments:

  1. They hear: Mom can’t finish cooking unless The Baby is standing between her legs, hanging onto them and crying, Nolie and CamCam are running around her hitting each other, LaLa is looking in all the pots and asking if he can “just have cereal to eat.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just blogging, but writing in general. I've found my best thoughts come while I'm walking on the treadmill. The blood starts pumping and the ideas flowing. But to sit in front of a computer and say, "I'm going to write something?" That's never worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, writing out a thought that hits you while it's still fresh is juicier than a thought out one, although it may lack coordination, but who cares about that, unless you are writing to sell.....I didn't know you blog here....Now I do :) and you'll see me more often.

    ReplyDelete