Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I'm on Google maps

I finally made it on Google maps' street view. They have put together the material they've filmed here and made Finland "street viewable". Anyway go to Google maps street view, trough this link. That's me, too bad they've blurred the faces, my surprised expression would have been priceless.

To the right behind the mailboxes and a couple of birches there's a small green field(lawn). Behind that field you see a red painted wooden fence and within that fence there's a red house, a garage and lots of trees. That's where we live. Have a nice look around my neighborhood =).

6 comments:

  1. SO cool! I've never seen actual people show up on Google Maps. Usually just empty streets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they probably did their filming during normal working hours so most people are usually at work. But due to my shift work I only work 7-3 every third week.

    And if you don't like being there you can contact Google and they will remove you and your house if you don't like being there within 24 hours. One guy actually made a police report towards Google. He was caught on cam taking a sunbath in his garden with his pants down his ankles =). He had a fence around his yard but Google's camera rack was higher than his fence. The picture actually made it in a newspaper before it was removed. It's a crime in Finland to look trough someones window or private areas with anything but your eyes. So if climb a ladder or use binoculars or camera equipment too look into someones home or fenced off backyard you are committing a crime. I'm sure Google will be able to pay the 500 € fine they might get if it get's to court =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the trees and greenery, Dojle. It's looks like a really nice place to live with lots of space to run around. Your kids must have heaps of fun in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, it's a nice area. They will enjoy it when they get old enough =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it is so the Finland Nana loved!! Your property looks like "Mumi's house" (great-grandma's house) when we visited! I'm so homesick for your county, and I only was there briefly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're living in the countryside and it's only 10 minutes to work in town. Winters are a lot of snow but you appreciate the summers a lot more then =)

    ReplyDelete